V5.0.0 Firmware for Nintendo Switch came out and was available to download on March, 13th. From Nintendo Switch V4.1 to the most recent V5.0, what are the major changes and are you recommended for updating to Switch firmware v5.0, here are the answers.
Nintendo Switch V5.0 Firmware
About Parental Controls
- Using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app, add specific software titles to your whitelist to exclude them from the console’s Parental Controls Restricted Software setting
- Captured videos in the Album will be restricted by Parental Controls depending on the Restricted Software setting and Software Rating Organization
- To keep the Parental Controls PIN private, the default method for PIN entry has been changed to entering using the Control Stick and buttons instead of the on-screen number pad
About ARMS and Kirby
- Add 24 new ARMS and Kirby-themed user icons
About Pro Controller
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu
- Facebook and Twitter friends that also use Nintendo Switch can now be added through Friend Suggestions
- Digital software purchases made from a PC or smart device will start downloading sooner than previously, even if the Nintendo Switch console is in Sleep Mode
- Receive notification when pre-purchased software is ready to play
- Filter News to view only unread news or news from specific channels
- Resolved an issue that caused Play Activity to display incorrectly in the Profile section of your User Page
Update Nintendo Switch Firwmare to 5.0, safe or not?
The answer is that, if you want to Homebrew or install CFW on your Nintendo Switch console, don’t update it to the latest firmwware version 5.0.0. Besides, you should try your best to stay the Switch system version within v3.0 to v4.1. For now, from Nintendo Switch V1.0 to V3.0, we can setup the Homebrew launcher, though CFW is not supported yet. And in a very near future, CFW and Homebrews will be added to higher Switch firmware versions like v3.0 and v4.1. However, according to the develpers like SciresM, at least in a short time, if you get a Nintendo Switch console with firmware past V4.1, you have no hope to crack it.
The current Nintendo Switch hacking status are here to see. Please think twice when you prepare to update Nintendo Switch firmware, nowadays, we have a solution to block Switch update but we can’t downgrade Nintendo Switch firmware.
|From||To||What should we do?|
|1.0.0||1.0.0||Blocking Updates to the latest version (Waiting for CFW)|
|2.0.0||2.3.0||Updating to 3.0.0 for installing Homebrews|
|3.0.1||4.0.1||Updating to 4.1.0, wait for CFW and Homebrews|
|4.1.0||5.0.0||Blocking Updates to V5.0|
Relate to jailbraking Nintendo Switch