Yes, Gateway 3ds team finally release GW 4.0 Beta to the public.The long-expected GW Time Machine app and A9LH installer are added to 4.0 private beta as they promised. But they also warn every user should be very careful when use the GW 4.0 and not to try it if they don’t backup 3DS Nand and has a way to restore it.
Gateway 3DS 4.0b Update
We had a tremendous amount of feedback from our beta testers! We have been working hard on processing all feedback and to bring you a shiny new private beta that will blow everyone away. We are the only ones to present you the best, safest and user-friendliest way out there to install the GATEWAY FAST BOOT method also known as A9LH.
Due to the high demand for our beta we have decided to be more open with our private betas! You can find our new private beta on our new BETA PROGRAM page !
UPDATE: Due to popular demand we implemented a ‘arm9loaderhax.bin‘ file that can be used with existing (non-GW) A9LH installs.
What’s Gateway 4.0 Private Beta Program?
Gateway 4.0 is provided with a new page of GW official site. Different from any firmware it releases, due to the high demand for their beta, they are more open with it this time. We can get full knowledge and files of GW 4.0b here http://www.gateway-3ds.com/private-beta-program/. Plus, the ‘arm9loaderhax.bin‘ file, even you can not the Gateway 3ds card users, it is working on your 3DS/N3DS console too.
GATEWAY 4.0 BETA Features
- Time Machine compatibility and stability fixes
- GATEWAY Menu compatibility and stability fixes
- Rename ‘Nintendo 3DS’ folder to 3DS_BAK (N3DS)
- Add warning/nag screen when A9LH user tries to boot into sysNAND (to prevent accidentical sysNAND updates)
- Time Machine won’t allow 9.x to 2.x downgrade on O3DS (Must upgrade to 10.x first, then go down to 2.x)
- OTP.bin is now detected when entering A9LH install and offers a way to re-install A9LH (without the nand restore step)
- Users who have an old browser (non A9LH related entrypoint) and were getting served the wrong payload can now use: http://go.gateway-3ds.com/old/
- Forced restore of emuNAND for N3DS and sysNAND for O3DS+N3DS prior to A9 install finalization.
GATEWAY 4.0 Private Download Center
GATEWAY 4.0 BETA DOWLOAD
DOWNLOAD GATEWAY 4.0 BETA (MD5: e61ec13b18d64410fd7c484cc2e55e50)
arm9loaderhax for users with existing a9lh installs
arm9loaderhax.bin.zip (MD5: a5043db33e45aaa4423ab87e25e93f88)
GATEWAY 3DS 4.0 FAQ
Q: My console is not booting into 2.x
A: Try ejecting your SD card, if this helps, rename/delete the ‘Nintendo 3DS’ folder and try again.
Q: Can you provide a BIN file that is compatible with my existing A9LH (non-GW) setup?
A: We’re working on a solution for this.
How to use Gateway 3DS card with GW 4.0B?
- Copy the contents of the “Console SD” folder on to root of your consoles SD card.
- Copy the contents of the “Red Card uSD” folder on to root of your GW Red Card uSD.
How to setup GW 4.0 on O3DS/O3DS XL:
- Make sure you have WiFi configured and working.
- GATEWAY 3DS based entrypoint:
- Boot into GATEWAY 3DS sysNAND mode (Force GW Menu by holding down L during boot, hold B while pressing A to boot)
- Bring up the OSD, select GATEWAY Time Machine, select 2.x downgrade
- Homebrew based entrypoint:
- Boot GW_TIMEMACHINE.3DSX using your favourite homebrew entrypoint
- In the GATEWAY Time Machine menu select the 2.x downgrade
- Delete/rename the “Nintendo 3DS” folder on your console’s SD card.
- Boot your O3DS into 2.x
- Open up the web browser and surf to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/
- After a short wait, the GATEWAY Menu should appear, go into the A9LH Installer
- A9LH will be installed & sysNAND will be restored from NAND.bin
- Reboot your console and enjoy GATEWAY A9LH on your O3DS!
How to setup GW 4.0 on NEW 3DS/NEW 3DS XL:
- Boot into GATEWAY 3DS menu using your favorite entrypoint
- Pick the format emuNAND option from the menu (if you don’t have a working emuNAND setup yet)
- Boot into GATEWAY (emuNAND) mode
- Make sure you have WiFi configured and working correctly
- Bring up the OSD, select GATEWAY Time Machine
- Launch GATEWAY Time Machine, select 2.x downgrade
- Boot back into GATEWAY 3DS menu after rebooting
- Select A9LH Installer menu option, follow instructions on screen
- Boot your N3DS into 2.x (if console doesn’t boot make sure ‘Nintendo 3DS’ folder has been renamed)
- Open up web browser and surf to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/
- Go to A9LH Installer menu option again, follow instructions on screen until congratulations message appears.
- Reboot your console and enjoy GATEWAY A9LH on your N3DS!